Sunday, December 3, 2017

November 2017 Update

♪♫♬ Damn it feels good to be a...saver...again. It's that time of month to check the numbers and see where my net worth stands. Before we dive in, I just want to say: it was a good month! That should be enough of a hint to let you know it's more than last month. My net worth at the end of November is...

$88,346

At the end of October, I was sitting at $83,643, which is a difference of $4,703. Yeah! Steadily closing in on a six-figure net worth. Of that amount, I only stashed $3,399, according to my spreadsheet. The rest of that is interest and stock market gains.

Speaking of the market; it's been growing like gangbusters lately, and a lot of people are worried we're in for a correction. I'm not that concerned. It's way too early along the path for me to be worried about such a thing. I will admit, though, that backsliding from my goal of 100k will be disappointing. I'll just continue doing what I've been doing: stashing as much money as I can into my HYS and investment accounts.

There really isn't much to report regarding November. I paid down the CC debt I accumulated after buying an airline ticket to CO for my wife (an unexpected and pricey expense). If it weren't for that expense, I think this month's contribution would've been almost a grand more.

Essentially, I just budgeted out my expenses from my paychecks and made sure to get those paid. Anything left over was earmarked for savings, leaving my about $150-200. It doesn't take much for me to get by between checks. I might get gas once. If I eat out, I grab a burger from a fast food place. The rest of my money is spent on groceries so I can relax at home and prepare my own meals.

As you'll see in my screenshot (below), I'm still showing a $171 amount under Liabilities. That's on my Am Ex CC. My last contribution to savings didn't leave me enough to pay that off, so I didn't worry about it. I get paid before it's due next month and that's when I plan to pay it off.

I'm excited to see how much I'll be able to put away next month. Historically, December hasn't been a good month for my savings because I'd buy gifts for Christmas. However, this year, I don't expect to spend as much as I had in the past since. I intend to put $1,000 in an investment account I started for my daughter and handing it over to her now that she's 21. To offset that amount, I'm expecting a bonus from work this month, something I've never received at any place I've worked. I'm planning to save every bit of that bonus, plus squirrel away what I would regularly try to save.

The only way to find out is to wait and see. Here's the obligatory screenshot:
November 2017 net worth

2 comments:

  1. Nice progress! 100k is just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Adam. I know and I'm anxious to hit that milestone.

      Delete