Tuesday, August 6, 2019

July 2019 Update

I'm really late with this post. Life was happening and I was just going with the flow. No care in the world and then, last night while lying in bed, it dawned on me...I have something I'm supposed to do. Hmm. Well, better late than never. At the end of July (plus a couple of days), my net worth was...

$187,285

At the end of June, my net worth was $193,363, a difference of  $-6078...ouch.

I think some of the reason I "missed" posting on the first of the month is because the markets have been down. Thanks to the Feds cutting interest rates and the tariffs, the markets have been kind of crappy. So, instead of feeling good about things going up and to the left, I just decided to not even look if things were down and to the right. So...

I'm sure things will eventually return to where they were and continue on an upward trend. This just happens to be par for the course.

As far as savings, I didn't do anything noteworthy last month. I only moved $1,000 to my brokerage account (this was aside from my 401k contributions, which are automated). Also, I had a little money taken out to participate in my company's ESPP, but to be honest, I haven't even checked on it. Another factor is that I withdrew $5,000 from my cash reserves to give to my wife for her credit card debt. I promised I'd give her another 5k, but first I wanted to replenish what I already took out so it wasn't such a bad psychological kick in the balls.

As far as expenses, I didn't spend a whole lot. I had to pay for a car safety inspection and new registration sticker. I also went to a marijuana dispensary across the state line (about an hour drive one way) to legally buy some weed. (Hey, if I can get it legally, I'm gonna jump at the opportunity!) I had to pay half of my annual membership dues to a mountain lodge I belong to as well as a deposit for a trip to Italy next year. That's it for extraneous expenses. The total was roughly $620-700.

On a brighter note: my credit scores are way up. I finally broke 800 on TransUnion (805) and I'm close to 800 on Equifax (789). Both of my credit scores are ranked as excellent.

Net worth Aug 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment