Sunday, June 16, 2019

May 2019 Update

This post is very late, but with good reason. I was on vacation to Edinburgh, Scotland and the last thing I wanted to do was create a blog post. But now I'm back home. So here we are. Time for me to type up monthly net worth update I procrastinated on. At the end of May, my net worth was...

$180,775

April's net worth was $173,139; a difference of $7,636! That's a very nice bump. I received three pay checks in May as well as a bonus, which helped a lot as I banked all of the bonus check (approx. $3,300).

There isn't anything extraordinary to report as far as expenses. We left for Scotland the last day of May (and I took the screen shot below a couple days after we arrived. I'd almost forgotten about the blog. Please excuse the credit card charge showing; it's the first of many while abroad, but more on those next month). As I mentioned, I didn't have any major expenditures this month, which helped me put more money into savings.

I managed to bring my combined savings accounts to $30k like I've been trying to do. Now I can turn my attention to my brokerage account.

If you go back and look at my April update, you'll see that I owed taxes and paid it from my HYSAs, bringing my cash balance down quite a bit. Having such a large bill affected my savings rate for the month, not to mention it was also demoralizing. However, I'm happy to report that this month I made up for the short fall in April and brought my HYSAs to a balance above where they were before I paid my tax bill. That feels really good.

I'm hoping to hit the 200k milestone by the end of the year. I guess we'll see what happens.

May 2019 net worth

No comments:

Post a Comment